Progress Tab Folders

bond007jlv

I looking for a way to use Tab Folders in a progress application without using smart objects. The client is requiring the tab folder to have tooltips and mutli-row tabs. Also, when validating on commit, the client would like to have the tabe selected where the widget error occurs after validation. I wouls appreciate any suggestions.

Jose':confused:

jongpau

I think I may have already seen another post from you regarding tab folders yesterday (to which I did reply)? My apologies if this is not the case...

Anyway, best bet is to use the Microsoft TabStrip OCX control 6.0 (SP6). It should be able to do everything your client requires. There are other controls available you can use, but you will have to purchase those.

HTH,

Paul

bond007jlv

I did post a similar post yesterday. I wanted to include more detail on the requirements. Is there documentation on using this ocx?

Jose'

jongpau

Not as far as I am aware. Perhaps you can have a look in the Progress Samples disc or on PSDN. Also there are plenty of threads in ProgressTalk relating to the TabStrip OCX, so a bit of searching on PT may be helpful too.

It may also be helpful to use the Progress Object Viewer (proobjvw.exe that lives in your Progress install directory) which allows you to look at the various "attributes and methods" available through OCX/ActiveX objects. The TabStrip is part of mscomctl.ocx in your windows\system32 directory.

Paul

bond007jlv

I was able to get the information I needed by opening the ocx using the COM Object Viewer from the *Pro Tools bar. Thank you for your help.

Jose':)