PROGRESS PROGRAMMER NEEDED for VA!!

adriaf

Our client is the largest company in its very nitched market in the country. This is an almost 40-year-old company that offers stability, growth, excellent benefits, and one of the best work environments around. In this time they are actually GROWING! That is why this position is available.

They are seeking a qualified Progress Programmer Analyst. This is an EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITY!!

We are seeking a WINNING candidate with the following skills:

Objective:

Primary responsibility is to analyze help desk issues, which have been submitted as software problems, and to write code to resolve the reported problem. Analysis of current specifications and code necessary to achieve desired results without impact to the end users required. Will frequently interact with existing programming staff and hold regular meetings with Director of Application Development. Will regularly meet with end-users, various department and functional area representatives to determine and implement programming solutions.

Qualifications:

Minimum of one full year of programming experience. Working knowledge of Progress Software, GUI and database techniques. Some knowledge of VB, SQL, ASP and/or COM is helpful. Demonstrate a good understanding of the latest hardware and software. Formal background and/or education in programming and computer software design capability are desirable.

Requires the ability to work on a computer inputting data. Ability to communicate verbally and written with other employees. Ability to visually review documents. Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments.

Essential Functions:

- Assess the logic for and modify the lines of code where needed for their business application requirements while following appropriate steps:

- Receive and assess/prioritize help desk issues from end-users
- Assess the situation/program logic to resolve the particular problem

- Discuss any fundamental/complex changes with appropriate person(s)
· Check out program(s) from Source Safe
· Modify the program logic
· Test and debug the program with end-user(s)
· Compile into production
· Check-in program(s) with clear documentation of changes
· Record amount of time spent addressing and complete help issue

- Communicate with Network Administrator any additions/modifications that would require changes to Security and/or Backup procedures and inform Director of Application Development of progress and/or problems with assigned projects.

- Maintain adequate procedures to insure no loss of source code or data during modifications and development.

- Store and issue program documentation and data files kept on disk, CD, or tape.

Additional Responsibilities:

- On-site coordinating for a number of days to be determined by your supervisor (not to exceed 15 days).
- Additional duties as assigned.

Standard Department Member Responsibilities:

- Facilitate and/or perform training of staff members as requested. Establish and update a training manual covering all functions of area of expertise.

- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation.

- Foster communication within the department, with other departments and with management.

- Maintain knowledge of company policies and procedures so as to serve as an effective staff member.

- Support company policies and management decisions with a sense of urgency and professionalism.

- Seek out and participate in internal and external programs that facilitate personal and professional growth.

- Track days off; write and deliver self-performance appraisals to the Director of Application Development in a timely fashion for each quarter.

- Identify and discuss personal and professional growth goals with the Director of Application Development and upper management.

- Candidates must be U.S. citizens or otherwise presently authorized to work FULL TIME in the U.S. Employer will NOT sponsor visas.

** ALL the above skills are REQUIRED to be considered for this position. **

PLEASE NOTE:

I am an executive recruiter working on a very specific assignment. The previous job description requires a very specific candidate with very specific experience that my client has asked me to identify.

Please respond ASAP to this posting ONLY if your experience is a true match.

This position is located in CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA. You will be required to work on site at this location, 5 days a week, 40 hours a week.

Telecommute is NOT A OPTION. We are ONLY looking for LOCAL candidates. This is a specific request from our client that the candidate MUST BE LOCAL.

ALL candidates must be within DAILY driving distance to CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA.

THE ONLY RELOCATION MY CLIENT CAN PROVIDE is a ONE (1) WAY U-HAUL TRUCK. THAT IS ALL.

WHO SHOULD RESPOND TO THIS POSTING?

Please respond if you meet the requirements above. If you meet this criteria send your resume as a Word attachment with a brief personal note indicating how your experience matches these requirements and what specifically interested you about this opportunity. This will somewhat differentiate your resume from the many I will receive who do not fit this profile. When I see that your experience is in the right area, I will call you ASAP to further discuss what you are seeking and if this job may fit. If we both feel it is worth the next step, I will give you the company web site for your review, and only then will present you to the client with your permission. This is an excellent job with a very solid company. I welcome your response and look forward to speaking with you.

Candidates must be U.S. citizens or otherwise presently authorized to work FULL TIME in the U.S. Employer will NOT sponsor visas.

IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENTS:

I apologize in advance, as I do not have the time to respond to those who are not a match to the job requirements. My client has given me very specific requirements and will not consider any other background. For other opportunities available please visit us at http://www.richgroupusa.com

Thank You.

Adria Amaral
Senior IT Account Executive
Phone: 804-285-2071 Ext 3018
FAX: 804-282-4990
www.richgroupusa.com

adriaf@richgroupusa.com