Progress Pro*Spy Plus... activeX control and bunch more errors.

Hi... me again.

I am trying to trace the call procedures of my application and found out that I can use Pro*Spy plus for that I guess, but when I open it it gives me an error:

"Specified ActiveX control is not registred or the .ocx file was moved from where it was registered. Error occurred in procedure: control_load protools/_psplus.w (6087)"
and after that another error that goes "Invalid component-handle referenced while proce3ssing method/statement: FONT. changeFont protools/_psplus.w (5884)"
and after that another error that states "Unable to set com-handle property. (5677)"
after that it gives me blacked out screen...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• prospyblanck.JPG
    prospyblanck.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 17
I'm assuming OS is modern Windows, non Vista (though this should work on Vista AFAIK).

Your first error is indicating the underlying problem - a component is missing or unregistered (means: Windows has not been shown how to use the component).

The subsequent errors are due to Windows trying to perform operations using something that isn't there.

So, you need to install and register the component needed by ProSpy+.

In this case it is MSCOMCTL.OCX, which you should be able to find in your c:/Windows/System32 directory (it is installed as part of Microsoft office). ProSpy+ uses it for the treeview.

If you don't have it, get it from someone else, and place it in that directory.

Then open a dos command window (Start > Run > cmd <return>), navigate to the system32 directory and type:

regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX (this registers the component)

and hopefully you should be good to go.

Thanks KnutHandsome, it worked great. When I run it thou, it traces the stuff from proedit directory, do u have any idea how would I go about pointing it to the directory where my program is located?

Thanks again.

Never mind.. I thought it worked differently :D.
It just traces all of the steps that I perform, while running the edditor
Thanks..

Another question would be how to envoke crystal reports from the new version of progress but maybe its for separate post.

Never mind.. I thought it worked differently :D.
It just traces all of the steps that I perform, while running the edditor
Thanks..

Another question would be how to envoke crystal reports from the new version of progress but maybe its for separate post.