[Progress News] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Progress DataDirect Adds 18 New Data Connectors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Todd Wright

Progress DataDirect has added new connectors to FourSquare, WordPress, Twitter and more.

You will need to forgive me—back in October I was still new to Progress DataDirect, as I wrote a blog that essentially made a big deal regarding three new data connectors that were now available to our customers. Little did I know that was just tip of the iceberg, with November and December of 2021 seeing 18 additional data connectors from Progress DataDirect!

That’s right—18 new data connectors, with all of them considered ‘newer’ data sources within the last few years. Because if we have learned anything from the last decade or so, it’s that for BI and analytics programs to be successful, they need to be populated with as much data as possible and from as many data sources as possible. Simply pulling data from legacy systems isn’t going to cut it anymore. Organizations need to take a good look at everything from unstructured data sources to service providers and feed those sources into their BI and analytics solutions of choice.

In fact, a widely publicized research report from Forrest a few years back really brought this point home. Richard Joyce, Senior Analyst at Forrester wrote, “Just a 10% increase in data accessibility will result in more than $65 million additional net income for a typical Fortune 1000 company.” With competition for market share fiercer than ever, whether you call data the new oil, or my favorite, ‘data is the new bacon’, analytics and BI programs thrive off data and additional revenue and market share is the end result.

So, without any further ado, take a look below at what we released:

• Ahrefs
  • BigCommerce
  • FourSquare
  • YouTube
  • Google Calendar
  • Google Campaign Manager
  • Tumblr
  • Twitter
  • Stripe
  • Wistia
  • Google Drive
  • Yelp
  • Zoom
  • Klaviyo
  • QuickBooks Payments
  • Salesforce Chatter
  • ServiceNow
  • WordPress

Full catalog of Progress DataDirect connectors

While having connections to new data sources is great, it’s all for naught if they don’t easily integrate with tools like Tableau and Power BI to help you make sense of all the data. This is where Progress DataDirect can help your organization.

DataDirect connectors are customized to provide enhanced performance and functionality for both Power BI and Tableau. For example, you can leverage DirectQuery in Power BI to retrieve data from its original source in real time, as well as use .TDC files in Tableau for an improved connection experience. That is exactly why 80% of BI vendors partner with Progress DataDirect, and thousands of organizations from various industries rely on Progress DataDirect: easy integration from numerous data sources matters to them.

On January 19, 2022, we will be diving into all of this with an Ask Me Anything webinar. Progress DataDirect experts Kiley Miller and Avadhoot Kulkarni will discuss the new data connectors that have been added for real-time access, how the connectors are customized to provide enhanced performance and functionality for Power BI and Tableau, and of course, answer all your questions.

We hope to see you at the webinar, with questions ready for our experts.

Register for the Webinar

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.