progress in ipad

tha_ndut

hi...
Is progress can be executed on the ipad?
and how?
is any program can be integrated progress with ipad?
thanks.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
There is no Progress executable for the iPad that I know of. You could connect to a Webspeed site I believe.

RealHeavyDude

There is no AVM (ABL virtual machine like the prowin32.exe for Windows) available for iOS or any other OS from Apple. Therefore you can't run any ABL procedure on them. And I am pretty sure the same is true for the other popular mobile OS - Android ...

But you can develop applications running in the Web browser that use a Progress backend running on any supported platform.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

gnome

If you really into doing this, you need to create a webservice for your progress backend.
Invoking the webservice will return an xml structured response. This is how we make different platforms talk to each other right?

Marian EDU

If you really into doing this, you need to create a webservice for your progress backend.
Invoking the webservice will return an xml structured response. This is how we make different platforms talk to each other right?

web-services does not appeals much to mobile developers, no need to add the overhead of soap/xml when you can just go with rest/json...