Question Progress Developer Studio 11.2 - slow ?

bigwill

Hi guys.

Just installed version 11.2 and are setting up a Progress Developer Studio project for our procedures.
I am using "linked folders" the same way i have used other version of OpenEdge Architect. But this new 11.2 version is soo slow and slugish.
Many of these operations during save, compile etc and i can not find any place in the editor where i can turn those features off.
2q8vqde.png

Any idea to get this program to speed up ?

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Did you import your old Project from previous version or are you using a brand new project?

bigwill

I created a new project and added all my linked folders on server as "Linked folders". This works very ok in both 10.1a and 10.2b. But is very sluggish on 11.2

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
That's definitely the right way to do it. I imported a project from 10.2 to 11.1 and it was even worse! I'm not sure why it's so sluggish, mine is too, but evidently not as bad as yours. I don't get the Decorations step. I've never seen that before.
Not sure what to suggest, but if you have support with Progress it might be worth raising a ticket with them. Apparently you can do it from within Developer Studio and it'll automatically submit your environment settings as well.