Progress Dataserver ODBC 9.1 for Informix

randynmary

I have been trying to set up a Dataserver to connect to an Informix database which sits on an HP Unix box. The Dataserver, because of Progress's constraints, sits on an NT box. Prior to testing this at the client site, I have been testing this with a Progress database on the Unix box as we don't have Informix at our site. We have the Enterprise version of the Dataserver for ODBC and I have set up the ODBC Data Source using the Progress-supplied drivers by Merant and can test connect just fine. I have also been able to do a schema pull, started the _probrkr executable for the dataserver and have connected fine. When I try to do a find in a procedure on the ODBC-connected Progress database the broker produces an error which brings up a Dr. Watson box on the NT server which seems to indicate a network error and then the ODBC-connected database is disconnected.

I know there are a number of variables in this and that this test platform isn't ideal, but I can't afford to mess around too much at the client as initial tests indicate problems which I'd rather get a grasp on in our own environment first. Any help would be much appreciated.:confused: