[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: Troubleshooting System Errors 290 & 291 due to full filesystem

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tim Hutchens

How can I troubleshoot System Error 290? I know that the filesystem is out of disk space when this error is thrown due to some kind of temporary file growing much larger than it should; but because there is no disk space, the generated procore file has a filesize of 0. I need to be able to identify the procedure that is being run that causes this error. For reference, the filesystem where these temporary files are being created (no -T parameter, but defaults to user's home directory in our setup) is 15GB, but during normal use, only about half is used at any given time. So the culprit procedure is filling up a temporary file in the range of 5-7GB. Also, depending on timing, the culprit procedure may or may not be the first one to throw the error. It may be sitting there with a 7GB temp file, then another user runs a procedure with a 5MB temp file that tips it over the filesystem limit. We have increased the filesystem by several GB more than once, thinking that the problem could be related to database growth over time, but this error is still occurring. By the time we have been alerted of the error, the System Error has been logged and the session terminated, removing the temp file with it and dropping the filesystem usage back down to normal levels. I am also contacting tech support about this, but wanted to see if others have run into this and found a solution. Thank you, Tim

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.