[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: The maximum limits on PASOE do not account for any related OE database limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

Assuming the database limit for user connections is set ("-n 50"), is there a way to get PASOE to honor that limit as well in some way as well? When the PASOE sesion manager is launching new ABL sessions, and those sessions fail to connect to a database via client/server, then the PASOE session manager doesn't back off in any way. Instead, PASOE makes the problem even worse by rapidly attempting to create even more ABL sessions. It also introduces its own internal bugs into the mix, leaving HTTP session in tomcat open that need to be cleaned up manually. I'm hoping someone has come up with a strategy to allow PASOE and the database to play more nicely together. If the database hits a limit (like -n) and it disallows new connections then the default behavior of PASOE just makes the problem even worse. Ideally PASOE would have some basic awareness of what an OE database is, and what the symptoms are when an OE database is not available for new connections. Then it might be able to give us better error messages and possibly better recourse upon failure (ie. in the very least it should avoid rapid retries when the database is already swamped). I have more details about this problem here. PASOE session manager question (a basic connectivity issue, with massive consequences) - Forum - OpenEdge Development - Progress Community I'm hoping the PASOE resource limits can take database limits into account. I'm also hoping we aren't the first to encounter the problems but I haven't found that many search results for this issue.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.