[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: SYSTEM ERROR: I/O error 2 while compiling code

• Thread starter Thread starter dbeavon
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

In a Progress source-code compilation procedure that we've used for several years we are starting to get intermittent errors like so: SYSTEM ERROR: I/O error 2 in readit, ret 0, file 10(.\gen\Common\NewVersion\VersionMigration.r), addr 0. (290) It is generated from the _progres client on Windows, OE 11.7.4. This error is kind of a scary one, and I look forward to spending many unproductive hours digging into this. As near as I can tell, this is the best KB that might apply: Progress KB - Application terminates with 290 error errno 2 The issue appears when a statement like this is executed: COMPILE lkp\p\lkp0200.p GENERATE-MD5 SAVE. Within that program (lkp0200) is a reference to the OE class, ie. gen.Common.NewVersion.VersionMigration.cls I should also point out that it is possible that the class ( gen\Common\NewVersion\VersionMigration ) is being simultaneously compiled and saved to disk by a worker in a different _progres process. (There are a handful of compilation processes that run concurrently or our projects would take all day to build.) Any tips would be appreciated.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back