[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Spawing New Progress Session...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MBeynon

Hello, I'm tasked with writing a program that as part of it's functionality "spawns" new Progress sessions which will lock records for a certain amount of time. Basically, the program is designed for a tester to reproduce conditions in an application that a customer on site may experience by reproducing the DB activity. It does this by recording the record locking activity over a certain period of time and outputting this to a file. The file is then read back in and the DB locks are reproduced by spawing a new process and locking each record for the duration recorded for that record in the file. My question is what should I be using to do the spawning? prowin32, bpro or something else? I've tried prowin32 and bpro but have struggled to get parameters passed across to the new spawned process. I've tried -param for prowin32 and ARG for bpro but neither seems to work? E.g. OS-COMMAND("C:\dlc10\bin\prowin32.exe -p user-load-spawned.p -param " + ttLock.File_Name). gives me --------------------------- Error --------------------------- ** Your database name is longer than 11 characters. (448) --------------------------- OK --------------------------- or bpro which according to Progress : "Starts a single-user OpenEdge client session in batch or background mode." OS-COMMAND('C:\dlc10\bin\bpro -b -p user-load-spawned.p ARG=' + ttLock.File_Name). gives ** Could not recognise argument: +. (301) and also an unwanted client session Window. I have found this post on this forum; https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_general/f/26/t/7557 but it hasn't really answered my questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.