[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: Secondary broker logins (increasing maximum number of connections on the fly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

This morning our applications that are connected to OpenEdge 11.7.4 via odbc (sql92) are failing with this exception: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException (0x80131937): ERROR [HYC00] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Optional feature not implemented. ERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Broker rejects connection. ERROR [IM006] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed. ERROR [HYC00] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Optional feature not implemented. ERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Broker rejects connection. ERROR [IM006] [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed. On the server it looks like so: P-5103 T-1 I BROKER 1: (8839) No SQL servers are available. Try again later. The problem appears to be that ODBC clients are exceeding the number of available resources (as specified by the -Mpb and -Ma parameters): -m3 -S MYPORT -Mpb 20 -Ma 40 -Mi 1 -ServerType SQL The command line above starts a secondary broker for SQL only. It allows for 800 connections. Many of these seem to be taken and never released by our ODBC client applications, even when they aren't making sql queries. It is possible that the connections are being kept in a connection pool or something like that? Is there a way to increase -Mpb or -Ma on the fly? Is there an easy way to stop the secondary broker and restart? Can someone please point me to a KB? I discovered that we can terminate and restart individual SQL92 servers: Progress KB - How to terminate a remote server process? But this may not be enough, since it is likely that we will immediately consume all the connections once again. It would be better if we could increase -Mpb or -Ma on the fly. Otherwise please advise how we should go about stopping the secondary broker and restarting it. Thanks, David

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.