[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Secondary broker logins (increasing maximum number of connections on the fly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makthar

Hi David, >> Is there a way to increase -Mpb or -Ma on the fly? No. >> It is possible that the connections are being kept in a connection pool or something like that? Connection pooling is not supported by ODBC Progress OpenEdge driver (though it is supported by JDBC driver). So, I suspect something else could be the issue? I am sure that, you verified that, there are several open connections (around 800) to secondary broker using promon or some other utility. Link to KB article which says, connection pooling for ODBC for OE is not supported. knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000038726 >> Is there an easy way to stop the secondary broker and restart? Can someone please point me to a KB? We cannot just stop and start secondary broker. Here are the related KB articles. knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P18888 knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000050574 Thanks, Akthar.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.