[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Rare .Net OpenClient Error Related to Concurrent Creation of AppObject (CONNECT FAILURE

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

>> Actually, they did not. I take that as a challenge! The next time I see an openclient exception without any callstack I'm going to have to fire up Justdecompile from Telerik, and find out exactly what is up with these exceptions! I can already tell you this much, the ToString() implementation of these exceptions are pretty non-standard. I suspect they are neither inherited nor improved, as compared to the base Exception class. Any implementation of ToString() should be reliable for troubleshooting unusual exceptions (ie. the ones which are by-passing our custom catch blocks). In the case of an unexpected openclient problem in production, the openclient exceptions' ToString() implementations are really of no use at all. These openclient exceptions normally omit all the good stuff from their ToString() implementations, eg. (1) inner exceptions, (2) callstacks, and (3) the "RETURN-VALUE" which is the error message that came from the appserver. I hope this will be changing in future versions of OE 12...

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.