[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Progress Client calling SSL API endpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carlovervoort

Thanx for the suggestion Michael. I did so, but it did not really help me much, but it gave me the direction to find my solution: I needed to add the full certificate chain to the $DLC/certs dir (with the certutil -import ... tool). i had to active the TLSv1.2 SHA384 ciphers: TLSv1.2 AES256-GCM-SHA384 DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 ADH-AES256-GCM-SHA384 The default server certificate must be signed with SHA384. Do the following for server certificates: 1. Take a backup of $DLC/keys/default_server.pem (that is signed with SHA256) 2. Rename $DLC/keys/test_server_SHA384.pem to $DLC/keys/default_server.pem. and i needed to use some specific extra variables to the connect method in abl: -sslprotocols TLSv1.2 -sslciphers ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 -servername 'url.to.api' see reference for -servername: knowledgebase.progress.com/.../The-ABL-client-does-not-support-an-SNI-enabled-Web-Service just wanted to post this here for people that have the same issues.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.