[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Passing object (input-output), with a dataset or TT, between client- and appserver-sess

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DenDuze

Hi Otto, I also thought that this would work because the dynamically created dataset belongs to the object so when I send the object back to the client I thought that all that information was also copied to there but .... I can't see how to attach an example - I instantiate the class on the client and fill the static defined temp-table with the needed info to find the DB-records - I send the object to the server (input-output so after the filling of the dataset I expect that the object is returned to the client) - On the server I create a dynamic dataset that hold the buffers of dynamically created temp-tables (below short version of the code) create dataset this-object:phDs. create query hquery. hquery:forward-only. assign i = 0. for each ttTable: assign i = i + 1 v-YNcreated = false. // work with create so I can work generic and do not need to list all possible tables here create buffer hbufferDB for table ttTable.NMtableDB. hquery:set-buffers(hbufferDB). hquery:query-prepare(substitute("for each &1 where &2", ttTable.NMtableDB, ttTable.INwhere)) no-error. hquery:query-open(). do while hquery:get-next(no-lock): if not v-YNcreated then do: tt:create-like(ttTable.NMtableDB). tt:temp-table-prepare(substitute("tt&1", ttTable.NMtableDB)). hbuffer = tt:default-buffer-handle. this-object:phds:add-buffer(hbuffer). assign v-YNcreated = true. end. hbuffer:buffer-create. hbuffer:buffer-copy(hquery:get-buffer-handle). end. finally: delete object hBufferDB. end finally. end. @the meanwhile I'm trying to work with the jsonObject (but I would prefer that the way with the dynamically created dataset would work) Regards

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.