[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: PASOE temp directory cleanup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Jacobs

I tried to find the information in the documentation set, and failed. So here we go: PASOE monitors the startup & shutdown events published by tomcat. When we intercept those events we look for and execute developer written script in the bin/ directory, according to the file-name pattern. This has been present at least since 11.0. If you are running an 11.7.3+ installation you can see a couple of examples in the DLC/servers/pasoe/extras/ directory. While anything can happen, I would say this functionality was there for the long-run. The exit status from those startup/shutdown scripts are ignored. When I use the scripts I depend on the server being started by TCMAN ( or PASMAN if you prefer ) so the normal Tomcat environment variables are available. I then write output to the instance's logs/ directory so it is located in the same place as all other logs and gets cleaned up at the same time. But my uses are mostly simpler cases of checking and starting tasks at startup and then monitoring/stopping them at shutdown. You are right about the use of the temp/ directory, but we see so many opinions... including those of other Java web application developers who can be deployed in the same instance. I'll let others add their opinion on automatically removing temp/ directory contents and using which rule set.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.