[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: PASOE session manager question (a basic connectivity issue, with massive consequences)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

I reviewed the HTTP session activity in our production environment. I'm no longer comfortable with my plan to clean up failed sessions on my own (by identifying them using "Creation Time" and "Last Accessed Time"). The problem is primarily related to certain types of APSV clients (ones that are session-free, as indicated by SessionType=1). These type of clients often have the appearance of being failed sessions, according to the classification logic that I was going to use, even though they are not . I suppose another option is to parse the session manager logs myself and find the particular items that were associated with a scary message, IE. 21:06:04.741/39099557 [thd-1] ERROR com.progress.appserv.Session - LocalSession(33B3C329971F8E6FA0357D4F61324F50B9C62D08451F.oepas1) : error occurred while reading a message processAgentRsp() = java.io.EOFException:null. (18300) This seems like sort of a hack as well. Ideally PASOE would clean up the HTTP sessions itself. I'm assuming that the session manager is written in Java. In the Java language, whenever a failure happens during an operation and you want to clean up any partial work that may have been done, there is a programming pattern for that (try/catch/finally). I wonder if the PASOE developers have considered using an approach like that? It would be a good way to avoid the problem with these orphaned HTTP sessions that hold onto ABL/msagent resources.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.