[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: PASOE session manager question (a basic connectivity issue, with massive consequences)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David Cleary

I answered your other question related to -n, but you are correct that we should be more resilient if the networked DB connection is lost, as opposed to just being out of resources. I will bring this use case up with the appropriate teams and get something in the backlog concerning this use case. As a way to manually recover, if the connection is specified as an agent startup parameter, shutting down the agent, allowing a new agent to startup is a solution. However, all those APSV sessions will need to be regenerated by having the client reestablish the connection, i believe. Would need to try it myself to confirm. If you are performing the DB connections in a sessionStartup procedure, you can perform a refreshAgent operation that will recycle all the sessions on an agent, reestablishing the database connection. However, I believe this will also require APSV clients to regenerate their ABL session. The other transports would never notice, I believe. The issue with improving this for APSV has to do with the underlying protocol. It is the same protocol we created for Classic AppServer that assumes a persistent socket connection between client and server. We have a feature in our backlog to create a truly stateless APSV transport, but it hasn't risen enough in priority for us to take on this rather large activity. If more customers request this to PM, it would go a long way toward us being able to implement it. Dave

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.