[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: PASOE - memory ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

Thanks Matt. My question is whether the deletion of the entire ABL session should serve in the place of deleting the individual objects and procedures within the session. If the ABL session owns the memory and the session is trimmed, then the related memory (used for objects and procedures) should be released, right? If the ABL session is trimmed, especially under normal circumstances, then it seems like the related memory should be cleaned out by Progress. This seems reasonable, especially since I have never seen a KB article that describes what type of "clean-up work" is supposed to be done before trimming an existing ABL session. Furthermore, PASOE has its own automatic mechanisms to trim inactive sessions after a period of inactivity. This could be triggered at unpredictable times, without giving us a chance to execute our clean-up code. It seems to me that Progress should then be responsible for doing all the clean-up for that ABL session.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.