[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: PASOE - intermittent issue ("Error loading the .NET runtime. (14081)")

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goo

I got a similar error when trying to run an uninstalled prowc.exe (that works as a swell), calling a CrystalReport dll. I ha no clue why it failed, but did an install of Progress, and after that it worked. I found some talking about CAS an security, but not sure... Sendt fra min iPad 11. des. 2018 kl. 15:49 skrev dbeavon : Update from Progress Community dbeavon We are running PASOE in production. I'm seeing intermittent issues with some .Net interoperation (via clr bridge). The interop is being used within our ABL code in order to quickly access a remote REST interface. An error comes up intermittently while running some simple .Net code used by " sessionConnectProc " for session-managed connections. We do not currently preload any assemblies for use by the CLR. The progress error message that is reported within the is not of much help: Error loading the .NET runtime. (14081) There are only a few lines of code that reference .Net during the "sessionConnectProc". I'm pretty sure I've isolated the problem to this code. /* ********************************************************************* */ /* Call rest */ /* ********************************************************************* */ DEFINE VARIABLE v_HttpClient AS CLASS System.Net.WebClient. v_HttpClient = NEW System.Net.WebClient(). Is there any way to get to the real underlying source of the problem. I would guess that there are exceptions being thrown internally that are suppressed and replaced with the unhelpful and generic message, "Error loading the .NET runtime. (14081) ". If there was a way to get the LOG-MANAGER to show more information, or hook into the first-chance details about the underlying errors/exceptions before they before they are superceded by the very generic one. We are running PASOE on 11.7.4. The KB articles that I've found about this are for problems that occurred in prior versions, and/or they are for problems that occur a lot more consistently. In my case, I would guess I only see the error for 1 out of 1000 times that the WebClient is used. Any help would be greatly appreciated. View online You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum. To stop receiving updates from only this thread, go here . Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.