[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: PAS OE Webspeed compatibility mode - "unable to run web object" without any log errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adamy

I'm not as concerned with where they need to be setup as - They are only needed at the agent level, but I've tried putting them in the session startup also with the same result. In the end I'm working towards removing them so they won't be required in either. The real concern is that when an error does occur it isn't getting logged. I see webspeed outputting: unable to run Web object 'myProgramName.p' but nothing I can find is saying why that happened. In the case where I included a NO-UNDO on a shared definition I would get this error and nothing else. Once that was corrected it was able to run the program to completion and generate a full page of output. Most programs work as expected now, except for ones that call even older legacy character code we've been bringing forward that has it's own shared variable use. In a handful of those programs it does complete but after the usual html output from webspeed it also tacks on unable to run Web object 'myProgramName.p' below. I'm just looking to figure out what might be preventing these errors from getting to the logs as it is making it very difficult to find where in the long chain of calls the issue is actually happening.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.