[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Options for mapping between .Net DataTable and ABL temp-table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

>> But, then, of course it was once the only choice ... The forums seem to have misplaced the message that you are replying to. Basically I had said that instead of the ABL "IMPORT" format, I've landed on XML or JSON (and JSON wins where raw performance is a priority). The "only choice" back in the day was the IMPORT format which is proprietary to ABL. And it is not a great serialization format if you are sending data between different platforms or different software technologies. And even where ABL is concerned, it doesn't behave well when schema is out-of-order between the time of serialization and deserialization. Thanks, David (PS. Insofar as the forums go, there has been a bug where if I somehow interact with recent post in any way - even by simply fixing a typo - then the message will go missing. It is pretty annoying and is one of several recent problems I've seem in the forums in recent months. I think someone made some changes on the back end and they must still be working out some of the kinks).

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.