[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Issues with PAS and network connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Judge

Did they tell you the purpose of "readMsg" in "com.progress.O4gl.Broker"? It sounds like it is doing some IPC communication with the _mproapsv processes. If that IPC relies on TCP/IP then I would still suspect an issue related to corking or nagle. Hopefully they can fix it and there will a lot of grateful Linux folks. We had a nagle issue with the "classic" appserver on HP-UX but it didn't affect other platforms (linux or windows). It added a fairly substantial delay (100's of ms). That was fixed a couple of years ago. But that was less impactful... there probably aren't a lot of HP-UX customers anymore (and I suspect that even if there were still a few HP-UX customers, they would probably be oblivious ... ) We did come across an issue with Nagle where a setting didn't come across correctly from Classic to PASOE. In Classic the TCP_NODELAY setting was default; in PASOE , not. This will be remedied in the next 12.x release. However, from 11.6.3 (I think; definitely from 11.7.0) onwards, you can enable TCP_NODELAY in the openedge.properties file. As a default for all ABL applications in the instance, add the following property [AppServer.SessMgr] tcpNoDelay=1 We've seen that enabling this has an impact with larger messages/payloads, in particular. HTH, -- peter

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.