[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: How to find CLASS definition file .cls to be compiled before compiling .p

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ravi Sankar

[quote user="Dmitri Levin"] I am looking for an option in COMPILE statement that for a given .p will provide me the list of .cls, CLASS definition files, that I need to recompile first in order to do a successful .p compile. Can I get that with my current 11.7 or future versions of Progress? [/quote] I am trying to understand your requirement better. COMPILE statement looks at a single file with in the context of the PROPATH. Since ABL is both interpreted and compiled, you don't have to compile all the referenced classes to compile a .p. Does this not work for your requirement? Are you compiling part of your application/project for separate packaging purposes? For the reverse use case, given a class file is changed what files need to be recompiled, it can't be language level feature as the COMPILE statement works on one file at a time and doesn't have the concept of project. This needs to be handled by tooling. We are planning to add this to PDSOE and Gradle tasks in future. Thanks, Ravi

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.