[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Heart-stopping _mproapsv memory usage in PASOE !

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

egarcia

>> Did this idea ever go anywhere? I think it is reasonable to put constraints on the memory usage in _mproapsv. It is unreasonable to allow those crazy processes to >> grow indefinitely. We should be able to ask PASOE to put an upper limit on the memory that can be consumed. It surprises me that there isn't yet any configuration >> for this type of thing - considering the persistent leaks. This is a good suggestion. Putting constraints on the memory usage in _mproapsv would help on situations of runaway memory. In the last year, I have been playing with Kubernetes running PASOE as a container. Kubernetes has a readiness probe and liveness probe functionality. The readiness probe tells that the container is available for access and the liveness probe tells whether it is unresponsive and needs to be re-started. Perhaps, a possible approach, if you use Kubernetes, would be to define a readiness probe and a liveness probe to detect when the memory usage reaches a certain limit, tell Kubernetes that the container is no longer available and that it needs to be re-started. This can be done in a way that ensures that the current transaction is completed. Have you run PASOE with Docker and Kubernetes? What do you think of this possible approach? I hope this helps.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.