[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Garbage collection for the sake of static temp-tables (in long-running _progres)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

>> Session-going-away doesn't care about circular references. Thanks, that is definitely what I wanted to hear. We do have a steady leak of PASOE memory in the _mproapsv.exe at a rate of a few 100 MB per day; but this is memory that is inexplicably being leaked *outside* the context of the AVM sessions. (Presumably this is leaked by some bad Progress native code in the outer portions of _mproapsv.exe, rather than in ABL code.) I appreciate the confirmation that these OO and static temp-table references aren't contributing to the persistent leak that we see *outside* of our (regularly-trimmed) AVM sessions. Let me know if anyone would be able to help with forensic analysis of a large _mproapsv.exe process (eg. 4GB committed in physical ram). It has *no* AVM sessions in it at all. I'd love to know what is contained in there. Whatever it is, it is probably very repetitive!

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.