[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Garbage collection for the sake of static temp-tables (in long-running _progres)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

Hi Fernando and Laura, thanks for replying. Yes, the code is exactly what is shown. Nothing needs to be added to "do work here". The only additional thing to do is call the whole business in a loop, like shown below. (I do this in abl scratchpad). The working-set of the _progres process grows by a few MB per sec and the process crashes after about a minute, and seems to be based on the numbers of indexes used by all the static TT's: DO WHILE TRUE: RUN dkb/ReproBug/SeedLogicWorker.p. END. I thought I could encourage GC/unpinning of TT by crossing procedure boundaries, or introducing PAUSE 0.001 statements or something. But I haven't found the key to making the TT's go away, except if I explicitly use a "DELETE OBJECT" statement. I'm using OE 11.7.5. When you tried with OE 11.7.6 did you use an outer loop to create more than one TT instance? If so then I will be eager to download and install it whenever that becomes possible. My understanding is that 11.7.6 is scheduled to be released in Q2, 2020, right?

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.