[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Full directory structure created with the PDSOE plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bo Haslund

Okay, so this could be a new RTB option ("Create full directory structure" initial true), in case I do not need to load objects outside of RTB. A generic option, and maybe task creation option. My background for asking is a lot of leftover empty directory structures. Let me illustrate with a simple example. * I am Manager of a RTB task * The RTB task has a developer. * The developer make the coding * I Review the the code. * Now we now both have task_nnnnn folder. * The developer completes the task and the folders will be removed, * BUT I will have the folders "forever". I know that I will be able to remove empty directories with something like: FOR /f "usebackq" %%d in (`"dir task_* /ad/b/s | sort /R"`) do rd "%%d" But a generic solution would be great. I know that that will demand that you know the working directory of every user. In our case we have a folder D:\PDS and within that we have sub-folders with our RTB initials. E.g. D:\PDS\BH. There is off course the possibility that I have totally missed something in the way of working on task with more than one person, :) I hope for that!

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.