[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Data Object Service - How do I pass a query parameters to an Input Parameter that is an

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

egarcia

Hello, When working with Data Object Services, you can use the filter CHARACTER parameter as a freeform string and have your own code on the Business Entity to interpret the content. For example, to pass an array, the string parameter can have a comma-delimited list of values or a serialized JSON object. Are you working with JavaScript on the client-side? A possible approach in JavaScript would be to serialize the array into a string then pass the string in the request and de-serialize the string on the Business Entity side. On the client side, you would use JSON.stringify(array) and on the ABL side, you would use something like "CAST(jsonParser:parse(filter), jsonObject)" to convert the filter parameter to a JSON object. We use this approach to overload the filter parameter and pass Kendo UI filter queries. We call this approach JSON Filter Pattern (JFP). (If you are working with the JSDO, you can add your own plugins to implement your own filter pattern.) Here is the link showing the sample implementation for JFP: - documentation.progress.com/.../index.html Please let me know if you need more info on this approach. I hope this helps.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.