[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Re: Cloning A Record

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wim

Hi, I managed following your suggestions as earlier mentioned: Button on order page Three triggers that are fired: 1. Put negative values in orderline (quantity etc) 2. Clone object order (which creates also orderlines (with negative values) 3. Put negative value (which reverses point 1) so we have positive values in original orderline again. Works great, thanks again, you have been a great help Wim Van: mpiscoso@gmail.com [mailto:bounce-mpiscosogmailcom@community.progress.com] Verzonden: maandag 21 november 2016 18:29 Aan: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com Onderwerp: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Cloning a record Update from Progress Community mpiscoso@gmail.com I see what you mean. For this I would suggest that you create a hierarchy relationship on your parent object and map it in your data map. Map it so that the cloned record would be the One in the one:many relationship, this way from the parent's perspective, you can access the token of the cloned record easily. Then call your "run trigger on related records" on the related cloned record using runTrigger() API and possibly an object script appended to your workflow action (don't forget to remove the other trigger from the workflow). This should make the trigger run on the cloned record. Hope that helps. View online You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum. To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here . Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.