[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: CHUI V10.1C Application Integration with MS Dynamics

• Thread starter singh.sagardeep
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

singh.sagardeep

Hi James & jonmiller, thanks for your reply. I truly appreciate. I will explain the scenario more in detail as below: My question is more around an application which is a GUI & CHUI in 10.1C (standalone application) which requires to have data from it, sent to MS Dynamics ERP (which is a separate standalone ERP, but requires data from the Progress 10.1C system on a regular basis). One of the easiest ways may be to write routines which extract data from the Progress application and convert into XML and send to an intermediate integration engine - like SonicMQ & then the ERP picks up the data from JMS queues of SonicMQ (with this scenario, I am not sure if a MS application can interact with JMS queues of SonicMQ). Another option may be to FTP files in a CSV format to a location from where the MS Dynamics routines can pick the data for use. However, I want to know the possible options via which such a data exchange between Progress 10.1C applications and MS Dynamics. Does Progress 10.1C provide any in built routines to directly interact with MS Dynamics (as it does for SonicMQ integration). ? Also you mentioned about the upgrade route, so would an upgraded version of application provide an easier way to do such a data exchange & how woudd that be ? Appreciate your replies. Looking forward to hear from you.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.