[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Bulk insert into OpenEdge database table

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

@gus I think you are saying that we shouldn't have to resort to using FTP and data-dictionary tools to accomplish our record insertions. I agree. Nobody should need to "reinvent the wheel" and create their own appserver-like utility just to insert a bunch of records from a remote client application. What is quite frustrating to me are the limitations of DataDirect drivers where the OpenEdge database is concerned. This isn't the first time that the ODBC excludes the Progress OE database from a feature that is available for other databases. Here is another example (DataDirect-implemented connection pooling) : knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000038726 It would be very interesting to hear the reasoning that is used by DataDirect when they take a pass on implementing an important feature for the OE database. It would seem to me that the OE database should be getting *preferential* treatment rather than waiting at the bottom of the list. It seems like DataDirect's goals aren't very well aligned with the goals for the OE database.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.