[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Re: Abl Unhandled Exceptions, Or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ske

> I has tried to use a ON STOP, UNDO, RETRY without success: ... > a button Choose trigger tries to run a NonExisting.p Exactly where is the code where the STOP condition is raised? You mean somewhere you wait for input and a trigger is called during that input, and the trigger tries to run a file that does not exist? I tried a few variations of procedures like that, and ON STOP actually did catch the STOP condition even when it occurred in a called sub-procedure or a trigger. I'm a bit surprised myself. But maybe your code is even more complicated in some way. Other than that, if triggers are involved, then this discussion reminds me of another discussion last month, that concluded that at least CATCH in a block containing WAIT-FOR will NOT catch errors raised inside triggers. Not because of the nature of the error raised, but because of the way errors during input (WAIT-FOR) are handled by AVM. community.progress.com/.../21871 One might wonder if that case would be much helped even by the suggestion to replace STOP with ERROR conditions? It seems to me they would still not be trapped by anything outside the WAIT-FOR, not even any UnhandledException, if they are already caught by AVM with it's own handling of it. Maybe Laura can explain.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.