[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: A hundred million rows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChUIMonster

No such limit. I just took a quick look at a db that I manage which is easy for me to take a peek at. The largest table in terms of number of rows is: 468,323,164. There are others that are more of a pain to login and look at that are probably quite a bit larger. There are indirect limits on number of rows related to storage area type, block size, and storage area rows per block. But unless you have a type 1 storage area it is extremely unlikely that you need to worry about that. Those hypothetical limits are huge. If you do have data in type 1 areas then that is a serious problem that should have been fixed a long time ago and which should be a very high priority for your DBA team. When you say "via a DDL statement" are you implying that you are using SQL to add the index? If I had a 10 hour outage window to work with I would add the index inactive and do a simple offline proutil idxbuild. I wouldn't expect it to take more than an hour if I had decent modern hardware and a reasonably up to date release of Progress.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.