[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: OpenEdge.Net.pl missing from PROPATH (in the default tty PROPATH on windows for OE 11.7.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

Is it expected that OpenEdge.Net.pl should be missing from the default PROPATH on windows? I just installed a fresh copy of OE 11.7.4 and was surprised by the lack of that library when using the _progres.exe to compile or run programs. I would have thought it would be standard by now. Because it was missing, I was forced to find some obscure registry key in order to include the library ( eg. at Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PSC\PROGRESS\11.7\WinChar Startup). If found the following bug in the KB that is related to "appbuilder": Progress KB - OpenEdge.Net.pl is not added into the PROPATH in AppBuilder / PDSOE ... but it doesn't say whether or not it is a bug that the library is missing from the default PROPATH when running _progres.exe. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. PS. For more info about how to modify PROPATH values from the registry, I found the following KB: Progress KB - Where is the PROPATH set for the Progress / OpenEdge GUI or Character client in the Windows registry?

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.