[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: Issues using profiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrei Popa

Hi all, I'm currently using the ABL profiler to check for code that affects the application's performance. The problem I am having is that not all files have their listings generated. This is the code I am using to start the profiler: ASSIGN PROFILER:ENABLED = TRUE PROFILER:FILE-NAME = SESSION:TEMP-DIR + "profiler.out" PROFILER:DESCRIPTION = "Profiling" . ASSIGN PROFILER:LISTINGS = TRUE PROFILER:DIRECTORY = SESSION:TEMP-DIR + "listings" PROFILER:TRACE-FILTER = "*" PROFILER:TRACING = "" . ASSIGN PROFILER:STATISTICS = TRUE. ASSIGN PROFILER:COVERAGE = TRUE PROFILER:pROFILING = TRUE . When I stop the profiler I use the following code: ASSIGN PROFILER:pROFILING = FALSE PROFILER:ENABLED = FALSE . lResult = PROFILER:WRITE-DATA(). The result of write-data is false, which indicates a problem, but I'm not sure how I can find out what it is. The listings folder contains some files but not all of them so I suspect something is happening when they are generated. The other files are generated fine. If I open profiler.out in DeveloperStudio everything looks alright, but when I click a file in Module Details, the Line Summary view displays this message instead of the file: Profiling data does not contain the debug listing file information. Profile with the -listing option to generate debug listing files. Best regards, Andrei

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.