[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: 00509324-TDE Encryption between Replication sites - does the traffic gets encrypted over re

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

papatel

Hello, I have a customer (Ovid Technologies, inc) who is asking if the traffic over the replication ports are fully encrypted using TDE or only the data configured with TDE is encrypted? Here is the customer questions/description: "We have OpenEdge databases with TDE configured on certain tables. We have been asked to look into using OpenEdge Replication for a coming project. As part of the coming project we are improving our security to meet corporate standards. My question is, if we configure out OpenEdge databases (currently using TDE) to use SSL connections for clients, and we setup a replication set with OpenEdge Replication, is the traffic over the replication ports fully encypted (as a 4GL client session would be), OR will only the data configured with TDE encryption be encrypted? I checked the knowledge base and found topics relating to TDE and Replication, but nothing indicating whether (or how to) encypt traffic over the replication ports." Based on looking at knowledge base and some research: I think only the data will be encrypted when in disk. They would have to use SSL for secure traffic for replication. Please let me know if anyone have opinion or insight on this/feedback. Thank you in advance! Regards, Parth

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.