progress code upper case

mmniet

Hi,

With a new installation to a newer progress i have a problem in the editor.

When i for example type the following code:
FOR EACH customer NO-LOCK:
DISPLAY customer.
END.

Normally progress detects progress code and automatically uppercases the progress syntax (and makes the progress specific code blue) . On my system i get the following on my screen:
For each customer no-lock:
Display customer.
End.

other collegues get it right just like the first example, but we cannot find any differences. Can anyone help and tell me what to do?

Look at your editing Options

(eg. on old systems: Appbuilder > Options > Editing Options > Options > Keyword Case > Upper Case & Auto Case Keywords)

mmniet

i found the solution!

in the startup file of the appbuilder i have a parameter -cpinternal.

I used utf-8 because the website agent are using utf-8 (it's the standard used here).

I found that when i'm using 1252 as cpinternal the capitalization is correct.

thanx for the help!

pushpanjali

Hiii mmniet,

Can you please tell me where will be the start up parameter file... in my system progress is installed under c:\progress....

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Well, no actually. Depending on how you startup appbuilder the parameter is in $DLC/startup.pf or in the parameter file provided in the startup of Appbuilder.

casper.

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
how can i set this with OE architect?

Set what?

You set the keyword casing via the menu: windows\Preferences\OpenEdge Architect\Editor --> there you find options for the editor.. amongst others there is casing there.

Regards,

casper.

PDECODE

If you need sometime "case" whole source file (not display) you can try use PIEW editor (search this forum) there is some function for this.