Problem loading sxxmlrul with prodict

Hugues

Hi

I'm trying to load a xml rule file into a table with prodict in a script bash.

I'd create a proc like this load_sxxmlrul.p, the content is:
RUN prodict/load_d.p ( "sxxmlrul.d", "/bu/sx11_env_bak/rd_scripts/." ).

here is the command that i use

$DLC/bin/bpro /db/nxt -p /bu/sx11_env_bak/rd_scripts/load_sxxmlrul.p > /dump/output.log

here is the result of the output.log file.

Database sxxmlrul not connected!

I'm confused because the database is /db/nxt not sxxmlrul

any clue ?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
If I had to guess (and I do since you have not actually shown the actual script - just an alleged excerpt) I would guess that you are not running what you think you are running.

Try running with "pro" rather than "bpro" and without the redirection. That should result in the same error but directly to your screen. And it might be clearer why the error occurs.

You could also start a session and run prodict/load_d.p interactively from the editor to help establish where things are going wrong.

(Are you running single-user sessions or is the db server up and running? You are showing "bpro" so it should be single user but maybe that's not what you intend.)

Hugues

What I want to do is create a script bash that restore automatically a progress database in my TEST environment. Actually the script take a backup in PROD, transfert it in TEST and restore the database in TEST.

I have some others steps that i want automate in my script, I don't want do it interactively but with bash script, and eventualy run it with cronjob.

I want flush sxxmlrule table with this proc. $DLC/bin/bpro /db/nxt -p /bu/sx11_env_bak/rd_scripts/delxmlrule.p, is this good ?

and I want reload it with this command : $DLC/bin/bpro /db/nxt -p /bu/sx11_env_bak/rd_scripts/load_sxxmlrul.p > /dump/output.log

if bpro is not running my storedproc.... what is the good command ?

Thanks for your help.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
I get what you *want* to do. I would do the same thing. At a high level I would run the same sort of script.

That's not working and you have not shared the actual scripts that you are actually using. Since I do not have access to your servers and I am notoriously bad at reading minds I suggested some steps that might help you to figure out why what you are doing is not working.

You can try those debugging steps. They might help. At worst they will confirm that your load process is correct and that it ought to work.

Or you can hope that someone is better at reading your mind than I am and gives you a better answer.

BTW -- with the additional information about your overall process I can amend my opinion slightly. IMHO the error message that you describe suggests that the error is coming from another script or from a different portion of the script. Which is yet another reason to try the steps manually and confirm that they do in fact work properly.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
here is the command that i use

$DLC/bin/bpro /db/nxt -p /bu/sx11_env_bak/rd_scripts/load_sxxmlrul.p > /dump/output.log

here is the result of the output.log file.

Database sxxmlrul not connected!

I'm confused because the database is /db/nxt not sxxmlrul
Judging from this message, I'd guess that the program load_sxxmlrul.p is expecting a connected database with the name or alias sxxmlrul. Without know what the code does, guessing is all we can do. ;)

Who wrote the code? Someone in-house or a vendor? Maybe you can ask them what these programs are supposed to do and how to use them.