Print special characters on dot printer

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Your Progress session is using ISO8859-1 but the printer is PC437.

For starters you might try changing your -cpprint startup parameter to PC437. You might also want to change -cpstream to PC437. (It is likely that these are all using default values, so "changing" them probably means that you need to add the parameters to your shortcut or to the .pf file that it is using.)

That might be all that you need to do.

I don't think you need a data fix. I think the problem is that your 4GL session and your printer are using different means of encoding/decoding data.

Again, I'll suggest that you read OpenEdge Development: Internationalizing Applications. You need to understand data-encoding concepts, both generically and in terms of the Progress-specific configuration options.
Actually raising the subject, I see that you are correct. I'm downloading the suggested "Progress 10.0B" book, I'll see the issue from this point of view, thank you very much Rob.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
How is it going? Have you solved your problem?

If so - what was the ultimate solution that worked for you?

How is it going? Have you solved your problem?

If so - what was the ultimate solution that worked for you?
No Tom, I haven't been able to dedicate myself as much as I'd like, I'm just taking up the case tomorrow. I've done some tests from ABL, but I can't get the special characters to print. I have no experience modifying configurations. Thanks for the interest.