Resolved Pds Use In Remote Site(s) Suggestions

Resolved:

I'm still open to a better, more graceful solution but building a dynamic where clause and using can-find() worked.

Good morning, I'm hoping I'm just being ignorant and someone can cure me. Please see below.
OE 11.6.3
Oracle Linux

First some background:
We managing and package data based on releases and distribute to 1000's of remote locations. I've been asked to migrate the format to XML. Currently, each grouping of data is built be separate programs which I want to eliminate. As data is staged a common field in all tables is updated with the release number which drives the data builds.

What I've done:
I've built a configurator that drives dynamic datasets based on the release number field. In reality, it's not the true relationship of the tables but it represents logical groupings to tables and only picks up the add/updated fields. This seems to work great in which I write to XML files with table schema for distribution.

Now the Question:
At the remote site, I build a dynamic dataset and load the file back in at which I want to apply all adds/updates to the database only there is not before images nor any changed records to apply.

I've considered muscling my way through it by creating dynamic finds (where statements) based on looking up the primary index and manually buffer copying the data to the database.

I'm hoping I'm just missing something. Is there a better way or overall approach?

Thanks in advance,

Rod

Last edited: