PDF creation

rathanc

Hi all,

We are using Progress 9.1b Char Client, Win2K. And we are trying to create PDF files of our invoice and transaction reports. This is a batch process and we need to generate PDF on the fly for atleast 2000 companies at a time. Also some of the companies have transaction reports that are 1000 pages long. Right now we generate those reports in HTML format and all these reports finish within 30 mins. approx. We have a requirement that we need to generate those reports in PDF format. I tried PDFinclude and its performance is slow considering the transaction reports. pdfinclude takes 10 hours to generate those reports with "Compress" option.

My question is did anyone come across similar situation ? Is there any other PDF solution that will meet our requirements including performance?.

Regards,

Rathan.

smithxxl

The only other option that I know of is the PDF print driver from Software 995. I don't know if it will be any faster, but PDF's are slow anyways. I'm impressed with the PDFinclude.

jacobwd

PDF Outputs

Hi Rathan,

Another option would be a reporting package that offers PDF as a default output. eCQ from Cyberscience is one I have heard good things about.

Hope that helps.
Jacob.