Passing user input values

Assuming your pages are both WebSpeed pages, when the user presses some submit button on page 1, you can then pick the entered values up with GET-VALUE("field-name-in-the form-of page-1") in page 2. Or isn't that what you meant (it is a little early here)?

If POST is not suitable (e.g. no forms - no buttons) use GET in links
<code>
<A HREF='http://www.yourdomain.com/.../nextPage.htm?variable1=value1&variable2=value2&dbuser=jeff' TARGET='_self' TITLE='Continue'>AnchorText</A>
</code>
BTW you can use GET in forms too, this enables back buttons, bookmarking ...
If you constantly make use of GET then it might be a good idea to run the web app in a frameset, where the top frame has zero height, to hide the complex URLs and especially the variable names and values. This does not prevent from hacking, but from nosy users playing with the address bar.

I'm trying to do the same thing with my page. I'll be using a link to open a new window with javascript, but I need to call a page in the new window. Am I right to assume I'll have to make a separate webspeed file for the new window? and also, that link suggestion would be how I would pass in the parameters into that webspeed file to pull up the information needed in the new window?

Back