Passing Data from Client side SDO to Server side SDO

MSilva

Hi !

My application runs on WEBCLIENT environment using STATELESS mode (there's no way to change it!).
I have a scenario that I need to pass an information from a normal fill-in to be saved on Appserver in ENDTRANSACTIONVALIDATE Proc. (this fill-in is not a rowobject field)

After many tries passing information from the client Side of an SDO to the server side I got some lessons :

1 - SetUserProperty/GetUserProperty failed.

2 - Running a procedure with input parameters (Yeah the famous "run p... in HAppSrv (input y..)" !) sometimes locks the AppServer (changes from UNBOUND to BOUND and i dont know Why!).

So, finally a realized that information that should be saved MUST be in the rowobjupd TempTable.
Before having a heart attack I would like to know if anybody knows a different way to do that?

:confused:

Thanks

MSilva

Additional information - BOUND an UNBOUND

Hi all!

Trying to solve the problem I still using "run somthing.p in h_as" passing a parameter got from a normal fill-in.

Connection becomes BOUND when I do that.

To solve this problem I'm using "UNBINDSERVER" to bring the connection back to UNBOUND... So, anybody knows any collaterals damages for this solution??????

Thanks

MSilva