Answered Parameters for "pro" utility.

rexburgditcher

Hi all,
I have read some where that "pro" utility has parameters.
eg:
$DLC/bin/pro <dbname> -rx
$DLC/bin/pro <dbname> -d mdy

I couldn't find what is the purpose of we using that in pro utility.
Can some one tell me with those two any other parameters are there and what is the purpose of we using that?

RealHeavyDude

pro starts a single user CHUI Progress session. There are lots of parameters you can supply to it to customize the session according to your needs. Most parameters have a default value that applies to your sessions unless you change it. The deployment section of the documentation ( which you can find here http://communities.progress.com/pcom/docs/DOC-16074 ) contains a "Startup Command and Parameter Reference" PDF that details on them.

Therefore, whether it does make sense or you even need to supply additional startup parameters is completely depending on what you need.

The most basic ones, like the date format and basic code page settings are taken from the startup.pf parameter file that is located in your installation directory. That startup.pf gets created during installation from what you entered during the installation. Every Progress session uses that startup.pf and you can then override or add additional parameters on the command line or in another parameter file that you would specifiy with -pf.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Note that mpro is used for starting a session when a server has been started for the database.

Note also that pro and mpro are bat or shell scripts in DLC/bin which you can read.