OT: smtpmail and attachments.

Crittar

I am having problems sending attachments with smtpmail.p
(or, more precisely, receiving said attachments).

History: I had some working code which used smtpmail.p to send an email of some output from Progress (as an attachment). We recently upgraded some software on our NetPilot box (which runs the exchange server software for email) and now whenever I send the attachment it is detected as 'suspicious' and deleted before receipt (to prevent virus infection).

Progress 9.3c
SCO Unix 5.1

Sophos 3.60, Engine 2.10, User Interface 2.03.098, platform linux on the NetPilot box.

Anyone got any ideas of what I could do to sort this, please?

I know it's a long shot but I've seen enough amazing answers on here to have faith! :angel:

bendaluz2

It sounds to me like the upgrade to the box has included some new filter rules for email. I would think you would be able to change the settings for this in exchange or the software you upgraded. If not, then it may be the attachment extension that is causing it to be filtered out, you could maybe try changing this.

Crittar

Bendaluz,

I'm convinced that it is some new filter rule that's doing it and our network guy is talking to the supplier to try to establish what the problem is - I just thought I'd try the back door approach as well.

The extension on the file seems to make no difference, neither does the content: I've snet a file via smtpmail, ftp'd the file to my pc and sent via yahoo (to ensure it was from an "outside" source), the smtpmail version is rejected and the yahoo version accepted.

The problem is: As the mail server trashes the incoming e-mail (and rightly so if it thinks it's infected) I can't do a comparre on the attachments as received from the two sources to try to establish what the differences are.

:confused:

Crittar

Still struggling

I think it's the way I'm specifying the attachment. The text that comes with smtpmail is not overly specific.

Does anyone out there know what I should specify if I want to send an html attachment via smtpmail.p.

Thanks In Anticipation

Crittar

Please!!

Does anyone out there have a working example of something using smtpmail.p to send attachments?

OR

any information as to what should be in the attachments parameter expected by smtpmail.p?

sathishcse11

can any one help me with a program to send a mail through smtp server??
if any one have working smtpmail.p , then pls upload it.

Thanks in advance