Organize W/P file in 1 folder and R file in another folder

slh

Hi,

Anyone ever tried organizing 2 location for W/P and R file?

Meaning all files consist of W/P will be store together in a folder and another group of R files will be stored in second folder.

Regards

slh

Hi,

Wow, thats great. Besides being organising better, any other reasons of doing that?

Care to share where/ how to go about it ?

Cheer!

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
well if you deploy your application you just want to deploy the .r files (well most likely a procedure library made from it). Just tell the compiler where to save the r-code files to. (save into option).

Regards,

Casper.

slh

Hi,

Thanks, got it running, however one thing puzzles me:

When I opened up individual *.w files for editing in developing environment using AppBuilder, it prompt me for connection into server database.

My database is local, understand that previously it was duplicate from the server, thus any setting that I had forgotten ?

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
If a database was connected, when the .w file was created, that database name is stored in the .w file. When you open that file and no database is connected it prompts you to connect to that database.

Regards,

Casper.

slh

Hi,

Thanks for fast reply. *.W file basically remember the last database name that was connected to when it was saved. So I just did a re-saved when connected to local database. The 3rd time when I open the file it actually prompt me for connection to the local database and not server database any longer.

Vaalen

Hi,

We also put our .r files in a different directory. Mainly because we are planning to use subversion and we do not want to include the executables.

slh

Hi,

We also put our .r files in a different directory. Mainly because we are planning to use subversion and we do not want to include the executables.

Hi Vaalen,

Thanks I reckon your subversion meaning v1.1, v1.3 etc etc? How does the subversion of *.w files going to impact the *.r files? Perhaps better organized?

Vaalen

Because they are in a different directory it is easy for us to not use subversion for every .r file. We can focus on the other directories.

I think it is better organized this way.