Openlink Odbc Access Error On Progress 7.3e Array Field

laugue

Hello,

Here is our configuration :
Server : HPUX 10.20 with Openlink broker version 1.55.
Client : Windows 7 with Openlink Multi-tier ODBC driver version 1.55

We can not access table fields of type "array" (for example MfgPRO table pc_list : pc_amt)

I tried to generate a tableview.dat file and modified the oplrqb.ini file with it but it does not work.

I can see array fields (and the others) but I can not access them.

Can someone help me.

Thanks.

Laurent.

Attachments

• openlink_cfg.zip
    126.4 KB · Views: 2

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
That's quite a collection of ancient, obsolete and unsupported software. Kudos to you for managing to get to run at all. Of course it could all fall to pieces at any moment so I hope you have really good backups, after-imaging up and running and a plan to get to a supported environment ASAP. (From a financial perspective you could probably justify the upgrade with just the power savings from converting whatever old HPUX box you've got to a Linux server.)

Progress version 7.3 is really, really crusty and old. Really old. When people say they have version 9 that's kind of "older than dirt". Version 7 was a really, really long time ago. FWIW the current release is 11.6.

Support for SQL is very, very poor prior to Progress version 10.

There is basically nothing in the kbase about odbc and v7 -- this is for version 8 but it might help: Progress KB - ODBC(SQL 89) and Progress database extents fields explained