Openedge Explorer -> Java.lang.nullpointerexception

Jochen0911

Hello,
using Win 7 64 and Progress 11.3

I installed all stuff on my local machine. It worked fine for me over years. Suddenly i have problems.

When i start OpenEdge Explorer it shows AppServer as 'Not checked' and Databases as 'disbled'.

When i click on AppServer Message 'AppServer not licensed for container' appears.

When i click on a Database

The following error condition has been logged: java.lang.NullPointerException Please refer to the log file(s) for more detail.
appears.

I can start the database per script manual.

The AdminService is running.

I already restor progress folder to a few weeks ago where i know it worked.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Are you in control of the software on this machine or is it centrally managed? Maybe someone decided you had an old, vulnerable version of java and upgraded it for you, breaking OpenEdge?

Also, check the content of uboker.properties against an older backup copy from when everything was working.

Jochen0911

The computer is under my control. I´am local Admin. There was no java update, that i know. Also in installed saftware isn´t an update since over a year.
ubroker.properties are the same like an older one. Must i deinstall progress completely and install again?

cj_brandt

you might want to stop the admin server and restart it. In the *NIX world you can kill the admin server with a TERM signal and then restart it and the admin server will restart and connect back with the running ubroker processes. I don't know if something like that is possible with Windows by killing it from the task mgr and then starting the admin service again.

Usually when a java error appears in the admin server logs, OEM or OEE will be impacted.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
In Windows you can just stop the service, wait for a few minutes and then restart it.